Thursday, August 25, 2011

What is it about breakfast that is so easy?  Seems like most everyone I meet with and myself, for that matter, can eat the correct breakfast every day.  Even on the weekends.  What happens at lunch time that makes me what to falter?  Seems like the day starts going downhill from there.  Today I searched and searched at Kroger for something somewhat healthy to eat for lunch.  Finally I settled on chicken tortilla soup.  Premade, unfortunately, which has more sodium than I’d like,  but low in calories and fat.  Then I came across that dang salsa!  So I grabbed the salsa and marched down to the chip section.   Scoops or lays? Scoops or lays?  Lays is was!  Fat free lays that is!  Man that salsa was GOOD!
Dinner was a catastrophe.  I was making this spaghetti bake my husband loves.  Looked in the pantry for the sauce….no sauce!  Luckily I have a fantastic neighbor that had some.  Jumped in my car, gone for maybe 3 minutes, get back, and my golden retriever had eaten half of the pasta! I WAS LIVID!  My sweet, sweet momma came the rescue again and brought me more pasta.  By that time I didn’t even want look at the pasta.  The oven was already on so I decided to cut up the fresh eggplant Donna gave me, bread it and bake it in the oven for some make-shift parmesan.  It turned out really good!  Paired with a cucumber salad and a glass of un-sweet, decaf tea….I was completely satisfied!  Turned out to be a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment