Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh the Weekend....

Friday when I posted I was a little down.  Weekends always seem to be the time I blow my “diet.”  Not this weekend!  I tried to keep myself busy and anytime I went searching for food I read my blog.  Or swept!  I did a lot of sweeping.  Oh and napping!  My sweet boy hasn’t been feeling all that great lately.  He took THREE naps Saturday.  All over an hour long.  Trust when I say that not normal.  We’re lucky to get an hour of sleep till bedtime.
 Sunday rolls around…this is where it gets tricky!  Before church we needed to run into to Wal-Mart to get something for Korb.  And wouldn’t ya know…the entire center aisle is everything Mexican.  Refried bean, tortillas, avocados, jalapenos, etc…. there was the first craving.  Then after church, my dad invited us to eat.  And where do they pick?  That’s right Mexican!  I do not do well with a basket of chips in front of my face!  We went anyway….  Typically, in the past, when going to this restaurant I order the same thing.  But I decided to venture out.  Chile relleno it was.  I thought since I was ordering off the vegetarian menu it can’t be too bad.  Ha! Think again.  A Chile relleno is a chesses stuffed pepper (unseeded might I add), breaded, fried and another layer of cheese!  Not the best decision.  Thank goodness it was unseeded or I might have eaten it.  Instead I ate the beans, rice and guacamole taco.  Too many crabs I know…but at that point it was too late.  Don’t worry…I kicked my own but at the gym later that day.
The rest of the night went fine.  Wasn’t too hungry after all those cards for lunch but I ate anyway. 
Today was a good day.  My workout went great!  I feel so much better when I get up before work and head to the gym.  My day runs smoother.  And I haven’t thought of a bazillion excuses as to why I should just go home instead of working out after work.  Stepped on the scale when I got to work…. And I broke through my plateau!  I lost over the weekend!!  Felt so good to not be discouraged on a Monday.  Hoping that means the rest of the week is gonna be just as good…..

No comments:

Post a Comment