Thursday, August 18, 2011

Eating Out

Started my morning out with Bob Harper aka Lucifer.  Anyone ever done kettle bell training?  It’s a fabulous workout.  One of my workout goals is to do something 6 days a week.  So far I’ve been doing a pretty good job sticking to that goal.  Well except this past week while I was attending a conference in Ohio.  During my pregnancy I did nothing!  Absolutely nothing!  I regret that but there is obviously nothing I can do about it now.  But since being back at work I can honestly say I’ve fallen in love with exercise.  I’ve found myself again.  And I contribute A LOT of that to my workouts. 
I wanted to tell ya’ll something that has always been a challenge for me.  EATING OUT!  I have a serious weakness when it comes to making healthy choices at restaurants.  And I don’t even know why.  I feel just as satisfied when I make a healthy choice versus an unhealthy choice.  Maybe habit?  Who knows?  But today…..I made a healthy choice!  I had the grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun and steamed broccoli instead of fries.  I think what works for me is to look at the nutritional information of all the terrible things I use to put in my body.  Some of the things on that menu have over 100 grams of fat!  Once I choose something that is reasonable, I shut the menu and eat a lemon!  Ya'll should try it! I was proud of myself!
Anyway, received lots of compliments today!  It’s very exciting when other people notice what I know I’ve been working so hard to achieve.  Today was a pretty decent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment